Disclaimer: I am not getting paid to do any reviews. These are my personal and honest opinions from my experiences.
I have been living in Huntsville for almost two years now and have only tried a handful of local restaurants. I can be picky to a certain extent and will kind of stick to what I know. However, my husband and I have made it our mission this year to branch out and try several different Huntsville restaurants. Also, since I have now added restaurant and food reviews as an aspect of my blog it’s only right that I review restaurants and their food 🙂
Up next is Commerce Kitchen located at 300 Franklin St SE in Downtown Huntsville right across from the courthouse. CK is a cute cozy little restaurant on the corner of Franklin and Southside Square. The first time I went was for a friend’s birthday dinner and upon walking in I thought it was so nice and quaint and perfect for a nice romantic dinner for two or low key dinner party for more. The lighting is dim and the tables are lit with a small votive candle. The second time I went was for a dinner date with my hubby. Both times I got the same thing (lol told you I stick to what I know), but I did add to my meal because I’m greedy lol.
So, here’s what I got and what I’ve tasted (per my husband’s plate lol)
- Whiskey Sauced Chicken Wings (although they were called something else both times I went, but I’m assuming these are the same wings just with a different name and hoping they didn’t change the recipe)
- If these wings are still the same wings, they are amazing!!! I’m sure even if they did change up something, they’re still really good. They have a spicy taste to them and remind me of Outback’s Kookaburra Wings with a kick. You can either get blue cheese or ranch dressing to dip them in and I always choose ranch because it’s my favorite. They give you a nice amount of wings, so two people could probably share this as an appetizer or you can get it as your main course and add a side (which I will get to).
- Pimento Cheese and Ritz
- This is a great snack if it’s more than 2 people in your party. If it’s just a dinner date I wouldn’t recommend it simply because I don’t consider cheese and crackers an appetizer or starter lol, more like a pre-starter for greedy people like me. When I went for my friend’s birthday this was great as a pre-starter because it was out before the appetizers and everyone was able to nibble on some crackers and cheese.
- Fried Green Tomatoes
- These were tasty! And I’m not a tomato lover at all (although I love chunky salsa, tomato sauce, ketchup and anything else tomato based, just not the whole tomato itself – my husband teases me about this all the time lol). However, these fried green tomatoes with the spicy dipping sauce were great! If you’re not a tomato fan I wouldn’t recommend getting it for yourself, I would only recommend tasting it if someone else in your party decides to order it.
- Sweet Miso Glazed King Salmon
- My husband got this the first time we went and because I’m a lover of salmon I was excited to try his! It was sooooo good. The sweet glaze that they bake into the salmon just adds to the deliciousness. It came with two sides, black bean rice and snap peas, but I don’t remember how those taste. I was just concerned about the salmon which was really good.
- Parmesan Grits
- One word: AMAZING!!!! I don’t know about you but I love grits!!!! And I guess it’s a southern thing to eat grits with other meals besides breakfast, but I love it. These aren’t your average buttered grits. The parmesan cheese adds the perfect flavor and the grits practically melt in your mouth (I know every food ad promises this, but I promise they do). The grits go perfect with the chicken. That was the meal I had the second time I went – chicken and grits and it was perfect!!!
- Parmesan Fries
- Yeah yeah yeah! I know! More parmesan – I can’t help it! LOL. These fries are really good! They have parmesan sprinkled and baked on top and they go great with the chicken. I couldn’t resist after I had them the first time and had to get them again.
So anyway, as you can see I enjoyed my experience at Commerce Kitchen and would recommend this to any Huntsville local and/or visitor. If you do visit as a result of reading this review, please let me know and when you go be sure to mention The SoRelle Experience!
Until next time…